We hope that you are able to stay healthy and safe during the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
We wanted to let you know that we are open for business, and currently have good inventory of derailleur hangers on hand. Therefore, as long as our shipping partners (US Postal Service and FedEx) continue to operate in the US and internationally we will continue to support you in your riding.
Riding is an excellent resource in helping you maintain social distancing as recommended or required by governments worldwide. Examples include (in part):
- Commuting for work or to purchase food and other essentials: Many people are using their bikes instead of using subways, buses, taxis, or shared ride services to commute to work or to purchase food and other essentials.
- Maintaining fitness: Bikes are an excellent means of maintaining fitness during this period, allowing you to get excellent exercise while also maintaining required social distance.
- Getting outside: Bikes and walking are simply wonderful means to get outside and enjoy the fresh air, while also maintaining required social distancing.
A number of groups and experts have posted guidance regarding how to best ride safely during the coronavirus pandemic. We highly recommend reading these articles to learn how to best ride safely during this period, and then taking advantage of your bike to get out and about in a safe manner. Here are two excellent examples…
- From Bicycle Guider entitled “Coronavirus Q&A: How to Ride Safely Right Now” – This article by Jeff Balton from Bicycle Guider is the best researched article we have read to date, and Jeff has provided links in most of the Q&A sections to other resources should you want to review a particular subject or action in more detail.
- From Bicycling magazine entitled “How to Ride Safely Amid Coronavirus Concerns.”
We are located near Boulder, Colorado (USA), and have wonderful trails around us for walking, running, and mountain biking, in addition to excellent roads with wide shoulders for riding. In Colorado the schools are currently closed, most businesses have employees working from home, restaurants are closed to in-house seating (pickup and delivery only), fitness centers are closed, etc. I generally ride every day (roads, trails) and walk the trails daily with our dog as well. Today (Tuesday, 17 March) there were more people on the walking trails and bike trails than I have ever seen in over 20 years in the Boulder area. People are definitely maintaining social distance while getting out of the house to ride, walk and run.
If you are in need of a replaceable rear derailleur hanger, you can use our “1-2-3” search method and filter mechanisms available on derailleurhanger.com to quickly find the hanger required on your bike or your customer’s bike. If needed, you can also click on the “Contact Us” link on our website and we will respond quickly to provide personalized assistance. When using our “Contact Us” form please be sure to include photos of the derailleur hanger from your bike, as that will significantly speed up our ability to help you.
At derailleurhanger.com we work very hard to provide the best quality replaceable derailleur hangers, carry more hanger types than any other provider, and to provide excellent personalized customer service. Please let us at derailleurhanger.com know if we can assist you in any way.
We hope that you and your loved ones are able to stay safe and healthy. A hearty “Thank You!” to the courageous first responders, healthcare providers, grocery workers, delivery personnel (Postal Service, FedEx and others), and many, many others who are working to help all of us during the coronavirus pandemic.